Focus on your own goals. Manifest your dreams. Unleash confidence, passion and power. Get a Life THEN Get a Man - already in its third printing - is a guide for every woman who thinks that The Rules were meant to be broken, and who's tired of passive game-playing.
Jennifer Bawden's motivational book starts with an emphasis on leading a full and rewarding existence. To find success in their personal lives and relationships, women must first acquire the most attractive quality -- a fun, happy, and productive life. From setting goals nurturing friendships, and being kind to oneself, Get a Life THEN Get a Man provides both practical and inspirational guidance.
Once they have gained esteem and support, readers are ready to apply Bawden's frontline tactics for succeding at work, at play, and with others. Get a Life, THEN Get a Man inspires women to take back their destinies - to get confident in their actions and smart about their choices. In the process, they'll discover that being themselves can truly be fun, free, and satisfying.
Today's women don't need to play games or play hard to get. Nothing is more attractive than a woman who knows who she is and what she wants; a woman who has a life and is selective about the man whom she's going to share it. It's time to take control of your own destiny and this indispensable guide shows you how.
- Discover the eight crucial steps to creating a fulfilling, exciting lifestyle (it's your most attractive asset)
- Learn what separates the men from the boys-from CBs (cute boys) to PFHs (potential future husbands)-and which one is right for you
- Types of men to avoid: the Klingon (too dependent); the Bellhop (too much baggage); the Whine Steward (never stops complaining)
- Find the right place to meet your type and how to identify someone you'd like to get to know
- How to spot, approach, and "close" the deal with a phone number in your pocket
- Tips for keeping the ball in your court and strategies for the "call back"
- Setting up the first date: how to ask, where to go, what to do
- Getting past the "getting to know you" games
- Life after the first date: sex, commitment… marriage?
Passive attitudes are passé. It's time to throw out the old "Rules" book and become the confident and independent woman you were always meant to be… starting right now!